Elton John recovering after appendix removal surgery

 Elton John is recovering after an operation to remove his appendix.

JEAN-SEBASTIEN EVRARD/AFP/Getty Images

Elton John is recovering after an operation to remove his appendix.

Elton John is recovering after an operation to remove his appendix.

The musician’s publicist says John had the surgery last week at Princess Grace Hospital in Monaco, near his home in the south of France.

PHOTOS: CELEBRITIES TWEET PHOTOS FROM THE HOSPITAL

Last month the musician canceled a series of shows as he was treated for an inflamed appendix and surrounding abscess.

Last month Elton John canceled a series of shows as he was treated for an inflamed appendix and surrounding abscess.

JEAN-SEBASTIEN EVRARD/AFP/Getty Images

Last month Elton John canceled a series of shows as he was treated for an inflamed appendix and surrounding abscess.

He said at the time that his infected appendix had been “a ticking time bomb.”

RELATED: ELTON JOHN ‘COULD HAVE DIED AT ANY TIME’ FROM APPENDICITIS

He was treated with antibiotics and his publicist said Monday the appendix has been removed.

In a statement on his official website last week, John said the many get-well cards and messages he’d received from fans “have touched me deeply.”

The 66-year-old musician is expected to perform in London Sept. 2, when he receives the Brits Icon Award.


Daily News – Gossip

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>