The victims’ family may sue the health service, as they claim paramedics apparently decided against taking the victims to the hospital after they were called to the home.
Food poisoning has killed three cash-strapped Spaniards who relied on out-of-date supermarket giveaways to get by, it has been reported.
Enrique Caño, 61, his wife Concepción, 50, and their daughter Tamara, 14, were found dead at their home in Alcalá de Guadaíra, near Seville, on Saturday morning just hours after eating contaminated fish.
The tragic couple’s other daughter, 13-year-old Vanessa, remains in intensive care.
The tragic couple’s other daughter, 13-year-old Vanessa, was also taken seriously ill — and remains in intensive care in hospital.
Enrique Caño, 61, his wife Concepción, 50, and their daughter Tamara, 14, were found dead at their home in Alcalá de Guadaíra, near Seville after eating contaminated fish.
El Mundo reports that the family turned to out-of-date food after the father lost his job as a plumber two years ago.
Their house was seized by the bank, but they continued to live in the property as de facto squatters, the Spanish daily newspaper added.
Food poisoning has killed three Spaniards who ate out-of-date supermarket giveaways.
Caño was reportedly a regular visitor to food stores at closing time, joining other unemployed locals in taking expired products from staff.
He also earned money by collecting and selling second-hand clothes.
El Mundo reports that extended family members are now considering legal action against the Andalusian health service.
They claim paramedics were called to the family home early Saturday but, despite the fact all were violently ill, decided against taking them to hospital.